Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Who’s blogging Warped Tour?

Not a whole lot of people who can write properly, that’s for sure.

Now, I’m no English major, and I will certainly post blogs with their fair share of typos when I’m in a hurry, and I am the QUEEN of run-on sentences, as evidenced by this one, but really folks.

I headed over to Technocrati this afternoon during my lunch break to try and get some Warped Tour blogs. I figured those who have been will definitely want to blog about it, and I could get some links to add to the web page. Of course there’s always Captain Dan’s blog, but I wanted to get other, less well known points of view.


Wow, what a waste of time.


99% of bloggers who are posting about Warped Tour had this to say:

OMFG WARPED TOUR ROCKED OMG IT WAS SOOOOOOOOO AWESOME ME AND (FILL IN THE FRIEND) WENT AND SAW (INSERT LIST OF BANDS) AND OMG IT WAS SO GREAT BUT I GOTTA GO NOW WARPED TOUR WAS AMAZING BYE!


However fear not, here are the few gems I was able to find. I’ll hopefully get these links added to the page this weekend, along with a few band and label friend requests I still need to process and add. Things are really busy here over the next few days, and I don’t know how much time I’ll have to update the Parents Guide.



The Skeptics who, much to my dismay, were a band I was not able to find before, posted this horror story about their night before Warped. Here’s holding out a wish for them that someday they are rich and famous, and, while spending the night in a 5-star hotel before playing their sold out stadium tour, can look at each other and say, “Hey, remember that night in the stairwell….?”



The prevailing complaint about Warped Tour this year is that there are “no good bands”. I’ve heard that statement around this house more than once from the boys, and every Warped Tour related message board is filled with posts singing the same tune. Jenn of blogto.com took the time to write out so eloquently what her opinions are on the music of Warped this year. I may not agree with her, but I really admire her taking the time to write it out so well. Wish I could write like that.



WhinyDancer has a short but entertaining blurb about working Warped, proving a blog entry doesn’t need to be long to get the point across…. something I really should keep in mind.


And last but not least, The Gas Rats write about their day with enough enthusiasm and detail that it makes you feel you were there - and regret that you weren't.

In the spirit of Friday Catblogging, I think I’ll make Wednesdays Warped Tour Blogging. Every Wednesday I’ll try to post the best Warped Tour blogs I can find. I know there’s more out there, so if you have one or know of one, feel free to drop me a line or add a comment here.


Here’s to bloggers who entertain and inform!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home