Sunday, July 10, 2005

Further proof of brain damage

Conversation from the rear of the car whilst driving:

Son’s girlfriend: What’s that thing over there?
Son: Splish-Splash. It sucks. We went there when I was like 10
Step-son: Yeah, it sucks
Son: I hated it there

Me: Excuse me, bu-

Step-son: How would you know? You didn’t go on any of the slides!
Son: Because dude! It sucked!

Me: Um, you two, we-

Step-son: You stood in line for like 40 minutes and then backed out.
Son: Because the slides sucked!

Me: Wait, you guys-

Step-son: And then you just wanted to sit down and wouldn’t walk anyplace.
Son: My feet hurt!

Me: SHUT UP!! NOW!!

Step-son: (silence)
Son: (silence)

Me: We never went to Splish-Splash. We tried to get in one day, and they were so crowded they were turning people away. You two are arguing over something that never happened.

Son: Whoa.




Conversation whilst flipping through radio stations in the car:

Son: There’s no good music.
(flip to rap station)
Son: You’ve got to get the CD player fixed
(flip to pop station)
Son: These stations suck
(flip to depressing classical music station)
Son: (In PBS-y type voice) You’re listening to Funeral Dirges on 101.4 with your host, Raymond
Car passengers: haha hahah haa hahaha

Several weeks later

Son to girlfriend: There’s no good music on any of these stations
(flip)
Son: My mom still has not gotten her CD player fixed
(flip)
Son: Wait, I have to find this one station. They play funeral dirges with this guy Raymond, and… wait… does he really exist or did I make that dude up?
Me: You made that dude up.
Son: Whoa

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

ROTFLOL

Oh my gosh, HILARIOUS! I have a 13 year old... and what frightens me is that this sounds like conversations he has at school and tells us about over the dinner table! Eeeek!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

I have 4 boys, so I guess I have conversations like these to look forward to, LOL!

11:42 AM  
Blogger WarpedTourMom said...

Amy and Jana... thanks for appreciating the wonderful world of teenage male frontal lobe damage!

5:05 PM  
Blogger MomOf2 said...

My kids are asking me what I'm laughing at... I'm almost in tears...
funeral dirges! lol

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home