Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I grabbed


I found another social networking site a la Myspace - Grab.com. It's been around since October of 2004, but as I'm not real big on online communities I just found it now. Not surprisingly, both myspace and grab are owned by Intermix. Where myspace is the DIY engine for indie bands, grab is the same for indie game developers. Very interesting.

Grab is like a cross between MySpace and Pogo. I haven't spent much time there, but the overall memberbase seems to be of a similar age range to MySpace. It's a lot easier to navigate than MySpace, but I got irritated when trying to fill out the profile page. I just did a cut and paste of my myspace profile. I may play around with customizing it some more during my lunch breaks. The interface seems more stable, as I did not once get that "Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred" message that runs rampant through myspace.

They have an "I wanna" feature that is reminiscent of 43 things, but sadly only 7 people wanna go to Warped Tour. They also have tokens that can be traded in for prizes, and some obscure karma points system that lets members rate each other’s actions. I don't think I'll be spending enough time on the site to raise my karma any significant level, but the game aspect looks interesting.

I've started seeing Grab profiles show up when I was googling 'warped tour', so I decided it would be a good idea to get a profile up there too. If anyone has a fledgling website directed at the youth market, it may be a good idea to get a grab profile up with a few of your keywords in it. So many emails I get from parents start with, "My (son or daughter) found your website at MySpace and emailed me a link to your page."

When you run a site like mine, those are great words to see in an email!


3 Comments:

Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

I think the idea of your blog and guide is great. I wish more parents took an active interest in items like the Tour. Bravo and good luck.

6:41 PM  
Blogger WarpedTourMom said...

Thank you!

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waterproof Anal Probe Waterproof Anal Probe
Double penetrator Double penetrator
anal beads anal beads
anal tool anal tool
jelly anal probe jelly anal probe
Rear Entry Anal Lube Rear Entry Anal Lube
Boi Toyz butt plug Boi Toyz butt plug
Silicone plug Silicone plug
female dolls female dolls online
double dildos double dildos

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home