Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Wednesday WarpedBlogging VII


You know what an Earworm is, right kids? That’s when you get a song stuck in your head that just won’t go away. There is actually a scientific reason for it.

Well, I have most of the WarpedBloggers of this past week to curse, for they gave me a truly painful earworm.

Kansas.

Dust in the Wind.

I would give my left arm to have this song out of my head after wading through all the blog posts in Feedster that mentioned dust.

A few of these people mentioned dust, but they also wrote such interesting and/or amusing stories that I forgive them.

Those who went to the Warped Tour TheFlashingMango attended suffer from the same malady of those who go to Randall’s Island – namely, black boogers. You know, when you hear people talking about blowing black boogers out of their nose for 3 days after Warped Tour, you think they are joking. Until you experience it for yourself.

That Amy Dials. She’s such a dork and a renob. I don’t know what a renob is, but I know she doesn’t mind me calling her one. Speaking of name-calling, I loved the description of those waiting in line over at There Are No Rules

Captain Dan traded in his notepad for the day to apprentice as a sign person. He didn’t do such a bad job of it, but he thinks he’ll keep his day job.

And my favorite WarpedBlogger this week? It’s none other than Beth, a fellow descendant of we, the cursed distant relatives of the Tuatha de Danann* who cannot spend more than 5 minutes in the sun without turning lobster red. Poor Beth endured a bad breakfast, sunburn and heatstroke, but got her waffle cone in the end!

Speaking of favorite WarpedBloggers, my fave Trish from last week is so cool, she went to yet another Warped Tour. Check out her updates at her blog here and look for two – count ‘em – two great parent reviews on my main page from her tomorrow.

This mom over at The Puppy Pile didn’t go to Warped Tour, but she blogs about one of the drawbacks of text messaging with a child who did. Only a 13 year old would text message their mother with “Well I almost like blacked out” Poor mom. You know she almost like had a heart attack when she read that. Thankfully the rest of the day went well.

I don’t have many entries this week. Sorry kids, but it was a busy day. I’ll just leave you with this post and thought. My blog posts tend to ramble on way too long. Sometimes the shortest posts are the best. And as they say, a picture is worth 1,000 words. Proving I can count correctly, Meg sums it all up in 1,003 words for you here.

If I overlooked you this week, it was only because I was so pressed for time. Don’t be shy about contacting me if you’ve got a WarpedBlog others would enjoy. I’d love to highlight you next week’s go ‘round.

Oh! I almost forgot.

I’m going to leave you with one last thing. Because you kids did this to me, I’m going to return the favor. Here you go:

I close my eyes
Only for a moment, then the moment’s gone
All my dreams
Pass before my eyes, a curiosity
Dust in the wind
All they are is dust in the wind
Same old song
Just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do
Crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see
Dust in the wind
All we are is dust in the wind.
Now, don't hang on
Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away
And all your money won't another minute buy
Dust in the wind
All we are is dust in the wind
All we are is dust in the wind Dust in the wind

Have fun exterminating that earworm. Mine is still running rampant through my auditory cortex.

-----------
*Tuatha de Danann - Cool and funky if not totally historically accurate name for us folks of Irish descent

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

handcrafted silicone plug handcrafted silicone plug
Boi Toyz Anal Ball Chain Boi Toyz Anal Ball Chain
my first butt plug my first butt plug
purple butt plug purple butt plug
dildo and butt plug dildo and butt plug
graduated butt plug graduated butt plug
glass probes glass probes
hand blown glass probes hand blown glass probes
bdsm toys bdsm toys
massages oils massages oils

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home